Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Birthday Trip to Nevada and Arizona. Day Three.

On our third and last full day in the American Southwest, Dad and I hit up RA Sushi, in Las Vegas. It was so delicious and surprisingly well priced that we took my friends back there for dinner that same night. 


Noon is not too early for saké, when you're on vacation.


Within hours of heading out on the first day, I added driving all over this area on an old Triumph or Harley to my bucket list. 


Near Blue Diamond, NV.


We headed West, past Red Rock Canyon at first. I guess I still harbored hope we'd make it to Los Angeles but it was not meant to be this time around!


And then back to Red Rock Canyon we went.




Dad.







That night, after more sushi, Dad went back to our room to work on an assignment and the guys and I went to Frankie's Tiki Room, where I drank more than anyone should the night before flying.



Circus Circus.


My dad, who is an unbelievably potent lady magnet, grabbing a bite to eat before our flight to Washington DC.


Flying over the Rockies.


Over Washington DC, heading back to Montreal.


Some of the goodies I brought back.





I hadn't been back twenty-four hours when I began planning my next trip to the Southwest and, even though I have two smaller trips and a big trip to Scotland coming up before I get to return, I feel a pull from that general direction on a daily basis. I'll be returning with my kids and a friend, this winter, but I'm already planning on spending several months to a year in that general area, some time within the next few years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management