Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week-End Round-Up (Or: The Swap Must Go On!)

On Saturday, I decided to ignore the ridiculous virus that had started it's attack on my body a few days prior. It was on this day that I had planned a clothing exchange and, come hell or high water, the swap must go on. I didn't score what I call a "wow piece" this time around but most of the girls did and so I was thrilled!



Claire, from South Side Soaps, was able to make it out, this time.



When only three of us remained I pulled out the bin of "clothes that will one day fit" and had the girls give it to me straight-up. I managed to get rid of a few pieces, both by giving them to my guests and by donating them to charity. It's amazing what some more wine and a few honest girls can help you work out. Here's my new chum Nova, in her new, cropped Forever 21 tuxedo jacket I only ever wore for a photo shoot, four years ago:



My daughter on the pile of leftovers, at the end of the night:

Some buttons I took from a vest I will be upcycling:


And this is how my sick self spent Sunday and yesterday:




Today I'm back in the office. I'm hoping I get a lot of my strength back soon as I have an article to submit and a clothing collection deadline that is fast approaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management