Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hello, Ipsy. Goodbye, Ipsy.

In December, I subscribed to Ipsy. I've received two of their glam bags since and I do not want a third. I'm not sure why they ask people to fill out a survey, if they're going to send you whatever the hell they need to get rid of anyway. A coworker also signed up. She has olive skin, dark, curly hair and uses completely different products than I do and this month we got the exact same bag.

In January's bag, I received five products. I love one, am indifferent about two and I hate the other two.

(I normally use natural light when taking photos but I live in Canada and I work five days a week and so most of the time, that's impossible in the winter).

This Healthy Sexy Hair nourishing soy spray would probably be better if I wasn't allergic to soy. The eye shadow pencil is super shimmery, which I can't stand. The pencil tip is also really tiny and rounded, two traits I'm not looking for in an eye shadow applicator. I'll stick to powder and my Lancome brushes, thank you.


This facial scrub is terribly greasy. If I want a super exfoliator such as this one, I'll stick to raw sugar and lemon with a drop or two of olive oil.


This lip gloss is one of the products I feel indifferent toward. The colour is quite nice but it's super thin and the amount I need to apply in order for it to show makes my lips feel disgusting.


The one product I do love is this argan and rosewater face lotion by Nourish Organics. I'm actually going to be buying more of this.


I figured I'd wait and see what February's bag looked like before calling it quits. On Monday, this arrived.


The lashes are great and I'll try out the facial mask but the rest is not anything I would buy or even try out. Light purple, shimmery eye shadow (with a fuzzy, lip gloss style applicator), hot pink lip gloss and the palest pink nail polish. I feel like this was put together for my fifteen-year-old sister and that's exactly who will score all of the pieces I do not want.

The concept isn't a bad one, though, and I might hook my sister up with a subscription for her sixteenth birthday. ...I hope she doesn't read this.

I think what it comes down to is that I am a product snob and I do appreciate finer make-up than what I have been receiving from these guys. I'm just not the right market.

I'll try to find time to review my January Wantable box, this week. Now that was a hit!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management