Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ogilvy's Spring Fashion Event. April 29th, 2015.


After taking a few months off from fashion writing in order to focus on my new business, I realized that I'd been spending too much time and energy running around from one fashion event to the next, as I had been taught to do, when writing for someone else's blog. When it comes to anything, I'm usually one to opt for quality over quantity and I'd somehow forsaken this when it came to blogging and it took stepping away from it all for me to realize what's important. If the idea of the event doesn't intrigue and/or excite me, I'm out. 

Last month, when Ogilvy sent me an invitation to their exclusive spring sale event, to be held on April 29th, that familiar feeling washed over me and I immediately RSVPed. Boy, was I ever glad that I did!

In line at the media lounge, I met two lovely bloggers, Cath and Perry, from Ton Petit Look. They were fantastic company throughout the evening and I daresay I've made two new friends. 


Ogilvy went all out for this event, treating their guests to incredible sales but also to a variety of delicious, miniature foods and tasty drinks. 


The absolute highlight for us, with regards to libation, was the Bloody Caesar bar l'Gros Luxe had set up on the men's floor. They were, hands down, the best drink I've ever had and I say this to you weeks later and completely sober. 


Everywhere we went, women asked us where we'd gotten such beautiful drinks and those who already held one shared knowing looks with us.





From a fashion standpoint, what I really appreciated about this event was how they managed to maintain elegance within a very casual atmosphere. Rather than having to stand in line and then rush for great seats so that we could get the right angle for shots, we got to interact with and photograph models as they strolled around from floor to floor.







The vibe was such a pleasant, upbeat one and everyone seemed to be having a fantastic time. Ogilvy knows how to treat its clientele and, as usual, they did a phenomenal job at creating what was, essentially, a fashion experience, rather than a mere shopping event. Everything was at a minimum of 15% off and, as usual, the staff was welcoming and helpful.


As someone who has done her share of chasing, waiting, commuting, standing, crouching and so on just to get to the right events and to be able to write about them, I was so very grateful for how Ogilvy welcomed the media for this event. We were invited to use a lovely lounge, whenever we wanted to, to get off our feet, have a glass of champagne and to plug in our phones. In addition to the sturdy and fashionable Judith & Charles tote we were given, on our way out, we were also given a gift certificate for a bottle of wine at Restaurant il FIGO, who had been serving up delectable snacks on site. Thank you, Ogilvy, for such a pleasant evening!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management