Thursday, May 21, 2015

Another Glossy Box, Another Mixed Review.

Last week, I finally received my April Glossy Box. It was incredibly late, again, which is the main reason I was underwhelmed upon opening it. Customer service was courteous but ended up deleting a bunch of the surveys I had that would have lead to points and then a free box. Two of the items really not working for me ended up being a good thing because my sister really loves her new lip gloss and it made me happy to pack perfume in my grandmother's next care package.

The pop art-inspired box was appreciated by my daughter who wasted no time in claiming it as her own.


The bag, way too loud for me, went to my sister.





From what I've read, I was one of the lucky ones, as half of subscribers received a lip tar that was the exact same orange as that of construction cones. 


This smells really good and is a great product to add to the Proganix oil I received last month. 


This smells good on my skin for all of four minutes before it takes on a scent that makes me wrinkle my nose in disdain. It's simply a question of chemistry, though, as it smells wonderful in the bottle and I'm sure my grandmother, who loves waterlilies, will enjoy it.


I have never had anything negative to say about Estée Lauder products and I'm not about to start. For me, this is what made the difference between me hanging on for another month and cancelling.


I forgot to photograph it so here is a photo I took from amazon.com of the Julep Smoky Taupe Shimmer Gel Eye Glider that was also in this box. It goes on well and I had been looking for an opportunity to try Julep make-up and so I'm also happy with this product. 


I'll see what Glossy Box has in store for me when May's box arrives, sometime in June, and then I'll decide if I'll keep this up or try one of the other subscriptions I've had my eye on. Either way, I do prefer this rather passive way of shopping for cosmetics, as long as everything I have is going into feeding my kids and starting my business. It prevents me from overspending and I do love discovering products I may have otherwise overlooked!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management