Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The Story Right Now


I have yet to write pieces on the last two fashion shows I attended, last year. To be honest, I don't know if I will take the time to do so or not.

Things are changing and they're changing quickly.

I know where I'm headed and what I must to do to get there. I'm cutting ties with the cumbersome, be it material or not. I'm hyper-focused and more motivated than ever.

I've learned to be still again and, in those moments, when I open my heart and silence my mind, everything becomes clear and the next few feet of my path light up.

I've started doing yoga again and, for the first time in my life, it doesn't make me angry. I think it used to do so because I still had so much healing to do. I started doing Tai Chi and I absolutely love it. I'm debating between Iaido and Kendo, now.

For years now, I've been taking photos people love. I took a photography course two years ago. I understand light and shadow and mood. I never dared call myself a photographer, though, as I have friends who are trying to make a living from it and I felt like I had no business being anything other than a writer and designer. Lately, though, I've let go of that notion. I launched an Etsy store where I sell stationery that features my photos and I've tentatively, in a whisper, even, answered " But I am," when people ask me why I'm not a photographer. I may not be as good as a lot of the shutterbugs I know and will surely call myself an amateur for the rest of my days but I take photos that don't suck and people have paid for them (or simply right clicked and saved my images to give to family members?!) so I am a photographer.

I've cut out red meat (again) and am back to taking care of myself, in general.

I feel sure-footed and lighthearted and I very much look forward to seeing what happens next.

News on the clothing line and on my other two business endeavors to come but, right now, I'm back from a few nights of sleeping by a woodstove, cuddled up with a small dog and days gazing upon a frozen creek and ice-covered branches and I just don't feel like connecting with anyone or anything online.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management