Sunday, November 17, 2013

25 Days of Etsy Christmas (2013. Day Three. All Things Nautical.

In an effort to get people to stay out of malls this season and to support small businesses and artisans, I present you with my second annual "25 Days of Etsy Christmas". For 25 not-necessarily-consecutive days, I will suggest ten gifts, for a total of 250 gift ideas by mid-December.

Today's list is for the sailor, the retro-lover with a soft spot for all things nautical or the parents who have decorated their kid's room with similar elements.

Please note that while there is a plethora of beautiful, vintage, nautical-themed items on Etsy, I dug around for handcrafted or re-purposed items, as I'm trying to promote artisans. If ever I come up empty, I'll post a few vintage items because I'm also in support of the small business, in general. That said, I'll double-back to a shop before I post vintage.

Enjoy!

1. This set of apple red anchor hooks from Boldhouse is going for $32.38 CAD. If you like the idea of the hooks and the general style but you're not sure about these particular anchors, do check this shop out. They're offering up forty pages of bold, fun and recycled decorative items.


2. I love this chrome spyglass that comes in a rosewood box! It's $161.38 CAD at Nautical Beach Decor and, in case the name doesn't spell it out for you, this shop is an abosulte treasure trove when it comes to nautical-themed gifts.


3. This anchor coaster set is a great stocking stuffer! $8.61 CAD at Dinglewood Design & Press.


4. Let's Decorate Online, a shop based in Greece, sells this nautical sheet set for $169.89 CAD.


5. If you're more into a homemade Christmas or you want to give the sailing fanatic on your list a variety of small gifts, I recommend packaging them up in one of these natural linen storage boxes. They're $11.84 CAD each from Lost Pigeon, in China.


6. This striped tote from Bayan Hippo is really cute! $42.02 CAD.


7. I like these personalized, sterling silver stacking rings from Teri Lee Jewelry, a shop based out of California. $91.27 CAD.


8. Friendly OAK offers up a nice selection of hand printed tees, tanks, sweaters and totes. Among them, this anchor sweatshirt for $26.84 CAD.


9. Slippin' Southern is a great, wooden wall decor shop from Louisiana. I'm recommending one or two of these wooden oars, which are $50.47 CAD each.


10. I'm finishing off this list with yest another item from Nautical Beach Decor. I can't help it-- it's what they do! Check out this Atlantic sailboat model. $144.95 CAD.



1 comments:

Dinglewood Design said...

Great article! Thanks for the feature :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management