Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Thrifting, Exchanging and Sewing.

I recently came across a great little thrift shop on Monk Street, in Ville-Émard. They're unfortunately going to close in two months if they don't start making sales. They'll be one more hidden gem that just can't keep up. I offered to help them put up a more attractive window display but they can't afford the mannequins, shelves, etc. They don't have enough furniture in the place to allow for that to be used, either.

Here's a little look at what $20.00 got me:


Some time before that, I scored this coat for $15, too.

And lastly, my friends and I get together every year in January, for a post-holiday pot luck dinner. At some point in the evening, we play a gift exchange game and this is my haul from that event:


The Yves Rocher lavender shower gel is actually quite nice and I do believe I may be addicted to these Sriracha peas.

For the next little while, I'm focusing on creating as opposed to purchasing, as my new flat costs quite a bit more than my old one did and I am saving up for my birthday trip. So, you can finally expect a sewing post in the very near future.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management