Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Week-End Roundup (Or: A Makeover, A Silent Flick, Jamaican Proverbs and Not One But Two Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cakes in My Freezer)

Last week-end, I took a much needed break away from my clothing line and had a fantastic time.

Friday night was the second night of Terrasse St-Ambroise's Oktoberfest. My son and I headed there for a wee bit so I could drink a surprisingly huge mug of beer (I'm not sure what I was expecting, given that it was Oktoberfest but that shit got heavier and heavier as time went on, despite me working diligently at draining its contents). My son was studying for his high school entrance exams, with ear buds in, until this really loud Bavarian band hit the stage and started jamming.


On Saturday I met up with a fantastically talented and inspiring friend who has scored a two-month singing contract in Morocco. Before heading out, she wanted to undergo a make-over and add to the stage clothing she already owned and so she hired me as an image/fashion consultant. After having hit up my favourite thrift store and having her hair colour changed, this week-end was our second and final shopping trip before she zipped out of here and I had a lot of fun! After hitting up the shoe and underwear departments of The Bay, Lolo sat down to have her make-up done by Simon at the MAC counter and to receive a tutorial on how to recreate the look at herself. She looked smoking and, from certain angles, she really reminded me of Juliette Lewis. I had my face done by Simon years ago and I would definitely go back to see him, whether for clients or for myself.





A great haul!


I wish we could have hung out more but Lo has some socks to knock right the hell off in Casablanca, where she went the next day!

Saturday evening, the kids and I headed to Westmount where we saw The Phantom of the Opera presented with live music. It was fantastic!

My daughter rocking some H & M and Forever 21, at the bus stop.


We started with a screening of The Red Spectre (1907).


While a member of the Cineclub changed reels before the masked ball scene, in walked The Phantom.



Sunday the kids and I went shopping and our day looked something like this:




Last day of the season for Dairy Queen apparently means mad sales.


Once in a while, I miss Jamaica so I gravitate to one particular shelf at the super market. This time, we picked up sodas and jerk sauce.


"Puss and dwag no ha de same luck."


photo cred: Thanks to my chum Ben Kalman for the photos of The Phantom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management